Friday 22 December 2017

Japanese media should care about other part of the world

My blog today starts with my sympathy to victims of the car clash incident on Flinders Street in Melbourne.

It is a terrible incident and should have never happened. Why innocent eighteen people were injured? My anger is towards the offender. If an immigrant acts like it, other hardworking and faith people who want to move to the country like me will lose an opportunity to the better life there.

On Friday morning, I was curious to know if Japanese media reported the news or not. I found the article and then another anger hit me.

Japanese TV reports the incident with no Japanese was victimised. Does it really matter?

No. The media should express sympathy to victims no matter whose nationality is / are.

Since the devestating earth quake in 2011, I have been turning back on the Japanese media because I am unhappy with not caring the rest of the world.

Days ago, Christchurch in New Zealand was hit another terrible earth quake. 185 people were killed with the natural disease. I feel extremely sad for victims.

Try garden city held a memorial and then Prime Minister John Key and Princes William made speeches. As the Japanese earth quake had been occurred, japanese media edited their speeches into only while they expressed sympathy to Japan.

What they have done was not to empathise victims of the Christchurch earth quake and was very disrespectful to New Zealand. Worsening, they only anchored number of Japanse victims of the Christchurch one.

As a person who has lived in New Zealand for four years and loves Christchurch, my anger towards Japanese media came up. How self centred they are!

And such attitudes apply to sports reports. For example, Japanese baseball and soccer players play overseas. The media only report how Japanese players perform and scores. Where are their teammates?

Japanse media has no respect towards other players and are rude to their teams. They should compliment their teammates and appreciate their teams to pick them.

I strongly want Japanese media to care other parts of the world. Reasonable and balanced reports are essential in journalism as I have learned on the online course provided in the English language.

Focusing on a big story too much with unnecessary commentating is the reason I do not watch any Japanese news programme any more. It's nonsense and so terrible.

And they constantly broadcast rubbish variety shows in prime times. Then reading a book is much better and I learn a lot from inspiring books.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yoshi.
    Interestingly when Australian media report international events, they also express a point of view whether any Australians were impacted by the event. One time ago, A comedy tv show made a joke about how this happens in australia. And how Australia should report the news as it happens, not solely whether it involved any Australians or not.

    But because Australia is very multicultural, most news stories and sport stories (like your article focuses on) does talk about other cultures and their "team mates"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks for your comment and telling us what happens in Australian media.

      I am curious to know how the comedy TV show was presented. Can you please tell me the name of the show and do you know there is any link online?

      Thanks

      Yoshi

      Delete
  2. Oh bugger! I can't find the scene. It was from a show called "Mad As Hell" with Shaun Micallef. But I can't find a copy of the video :(

    ReplyDelete