Wednesday 9 January 2019

Talents in music faded?

The Corrs have been my favourite band to listen to since my precious life experience in New Zealand, sadly over a decade ago.

Irish sisters and brother band heals my emotion while listening to their song on YouTube. Breathless, Radio and So Young are on my top mount music list.

One day a comment made on a YouTube video of one of their songs has got my attention. The commentator is worried of music talents gone.

I love their charming voices and music. Andrea was a singing Engle. Her voices are lovely. Absolutely they are talented and no one else performs like the Corrs. I am sad they no longer perform.

In my youth, I have listened to Japanese pops. Western music had not been influenced at the time. But in my late 20s, I started feeling bored on J-pop because I sensed everything was copied each other. Every song was the same, in other words.

I hated such fashion, so listening to Western music was fresh. Songs played on New Zealand radio programmes were new and had distinction. Different types of music made me happy.

Deep sounds and vocals of British music is my preference to American counterparts, although Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce and Maroon 5 were my favourite American singers and band.

Ellie Goulding and Coldplay attract me with their deep voices with thick English accent. I love their songs, endless to say.

But like the comment I have mentioned above, is there any talented musician these days?

Be honest with me, it's hard to list. I sense many American music is going through the path where J-pop has been through for many years.

Maybe people prefer Orthodox? Or musicians don't want to be behind to others due to the social media in the internet generation?

In my opinion, musicians should appeal their product of music uniquely that no one else can do the same. Some audience don't like it, but it doesn't matter. It's better than all of music is the same where everyone approves. If the latter happens, the world would be boring.

Unfortunately I don't fancy music radio any more. It can be because of less talents in music. But the reason can be because I get older so my interests shift from music to talk back (especially in sports and sometimes current affairs).

Please note:

1. Many J-pop sang by girls are too childish, especially by AKB 48, Nogisaka 46, like that. It's too boring and rubbish.

2. Japanese TV and radio are bloody boring for me. No talk back radio is offered in Japan. I much prefer to listen to ABC radio Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment